Ambuja Cement Foundation’s (ACF) Skill & Entrepreneurship Development Institutes (SEDI) in West Bengal, has partnered with TVS Motors as an Industry Partner to help train and place rural youth in the automobile sector at TVS Motor (Authorized Main Dealership / Authorized Dealer)
The partnership saw the recent inauguration of a new TVS Motors Automobile Workshop at SEDI Sankrail , which will provide training to eligible rural youth who aspire to work in two-wheeler (automobile) servicing, repair and maintenance. The workshop is designed based on TVS Motors technical requirements, with TVS Motors providing the necessary tools, equipment and other training implements for the Automobile Training Workshop at SEDI.
How will the tie up work?
- TVS Motors will train two trainers from ACF’s SEDI, who will lead and deliver training to youth seeking a career in the Two Wheeler Service & Maintenance.
- TVS motors has designed a specialized training curriculum for creating skilled mechanics who will be industry ready – helping increase the productivity and quality of service, whilst minimizing errors among course graduates.
- ACF’s SEDI Trainers will conduct the Certified Training Course (CTC- 6 months) in Two Wheeler Service & Maintenance for rural youth from disadvantaged backgrounds – preparing them for a career in Automobile (2 wheeler) Servicing.
- After successful completion of 3 months training at the centre, TVS Motors Dealerships will provide on-the-job training to trainees at Workshops for 3 months
- Post training and On the Job Training, successful trainees will be considered for recruitment at TVS Motors dealer outlets across West Bengal and neighboring states.
Ms. Pearl Tiwari, Director & CEO of Ambuja Cement Foundation sees the partnership as, “A key step towards providing rural youth with industry-relevant skills, enabling them to forge careers in a growing sector, with a reputed national brand. We are thrilled with the win-win partnership that helps rural youth support their families via tangible skills, jobs and livelihoods in the Automobile sector”
Rajesh Rewatkar, Deputy General Manager, TVS Motor Company inaugurated the TVS Motors Automobile Workshop at SEDI Sankrail said, “TVS Motors is proud to support the training and skill development of rural youth in West Bengal, and contribute to the upliftment of them and their families via this partnership. Partnerships like this not only helps us deliver high quality after-sales-service to our valuable TVS Motors customers, but provide tangible jobs and careers to the young people of the state.”
The TVS Motors partnership increases the total number of Industry Partners at ACF’s SEDI which help SEDI provide industry relevant skill training and job opportunities to rural youth from disadvantaged backgrounds.
To date, 31 SEDI’s have been established across 10 states and to date have trained 51,000 rural youth.