As part of the National Chicken Day on November 16,West Bengal poultry Federation organised a seminar to create awareness about the benefits of chicken consumption.
West Bengal Poultry Federation is a non-profit making Organisation registered under the West Bengal Govt. Gazette Notification. This Organisation is associated with all round poultry development activities in the State and also working for the development of poultry industry in association with the ARD Dept. Govt. of West Bengal & in collaboration with other poultry associations in Eastern India States.
Madan Mohan Maity, General Secretary West Bengal Poultry Federation said “Perhaps, you are aware that pan India has decided to observe 16th November as National Chicken Day. These days chicken meat(white meat ) is very popular in our state due to its chief protein source and easily digestible which suits to all aged people in comparison to other animal protein.”
- The benefits of chicken meat eating are numerous. The brief examples are as under:
Chicken meat contains low collagen levels, which is another positive characteristic which helps for digestion.
- Chicken meat has tryptophan, an amino acid which is responsible for raising serotonin levels in your brain causes “feel-good” mood.
- White meat chicken contains vitamin B12 and choline, and other vitamins & minerals which together may promote brain development in children.Chicken is a source of dietary protein and benefits bone. health and muscle growth.
- Consumption/intake of poultry meat helps with a risk reduction of developing overweight and obesity, cardiovascular diseases, and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Even white meat (poultry in particular) is considered moderately protective on cancer risk.
- Poultry meat is rich in the omega-3 fats Poultry meat is an important provider of the essential polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs),
Because of all the above benefits we, West Bengal Poultry Federation have taken few steps to boost the chicken consumption& create awareness amongst the general people of the state. It involves campaign throughout the State through Tableau vans with Audio promotions for three days, paper & electronic media Chicken advertisements, recipe completion & free distribution of 50000 Chicken booklets recipe to the public,
A full day seminar on 16th November on the National Chicken Day was organised which was inaugurated by Minister in Charge, Swapan Debnath, ARD Dept., Govt West Bengal.
West Bengal Poultry Federation for the growth of poultry industry started its journey in 2011 when Chicken meat production was only 0.36 million tonnes but as of now 2.5 million tonnes annually and egg production was 620 million and now 3500 million per annum.