Fortis Healthcare, India’s leading integrated healthcare delivery service provider, donated a sum of INR 5.90 crores to The Prime Minister National Relief Fund to support the Government’s efforts in setting up effective healthcare facilities and services for patients affected due to the COVID19 outbreak across the country.
Speaking on the occasion, Dr Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, MD and CEO, Fortis Healthcare said, “I am grateful for the measures taken by the Government to support health professionals and workers in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak. These are testing times and the fight against coronavirus will require everyone’s support. We are glad that we can contribute a humble sum of Rs 5.90 Crores to the PM National Relief Fund as part of our commitment to extend every possible support to the government during this hour of crisis. We would be obliged to extend any further support to the Government initiatives aimed at mitigating the lives of those affected.”
Some key initiatives by Fortis Healthcare:
- Fortis has set up isolation wards in all of its 28 hospitals across the country and a total of 262 isolation beds have been earmarked to treat COVID19 patients. The medical teams at Fortis as on today are already treating 28 COVID19 positive cases along with 83 suspected cases at various hospitals.
- Five COVID-19 patients have been successfully treated and discharged as on 2nd April, 2020). The current capacity of isolation beds across the network has considerable scope for expansion as per situational requirements.
- Fortis Healthcare has set up a special Task Force for infrastructure, risk management, supply chain preparedness, critical care beds, medicine supply and PPE across all 28 Fortis units across the country. Fortis has actively ramped up its operations, directing them towards COVID-19 management, in alignment with government directives, while also maintaining the safety and well-being of its own staff.
- Telemedicine and video consultation facilities have been introduced across our facilities for patients’ convenience and continuity in treatment.
- SRL Diagnostics, a Fortis subsidiary, is amongst the few private labs of India chosen by the ICMR to conduct COVID-19 testing at its central labs in Mumbai and Gurgaon.